The reference course
Created in 1833, the Cahors Museum brings together the collections acquired by the town. They were transferred to the former episcopal palace of the Concordat in the heart of the ‘new’ town and were presented to the public from 1929. Gradually, these collections have grown with heritage items from various horizons and now number nearly of 11,000 objects.
Focus on Henri-Martin works
With more than fifty works by the eponymous artist, the Cahors museum has the largest public collection of works by Henri Martin, post-impressionist painter, great admirer of Quercy landscapes.
Henri MARTIN, Barques à Collioure
Henri MARTIN, Le Berger et ses trois muses
Henri MARTIN, Labastide-du-Vert
Henri MARTIN, La Justice